Today is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!!!
In my experience, rejoicing with the Lord is sometimes a choice. Sometimes, it’s a decision that we need to make, each and every day. I don’t know about you, but I don’t wake up every day with the mindset to rejoice. Would you agree? It seems there are days when we get up, not feeling totally spunky, not feeling ready to hit the road and face the world with a chipper attitude. ☹ Those are the days we have to press through our feelings, put on a smiling face and muddle through the day. Almost having to put on a “faking it, till we make it” face.
I think every person goes through those kinds of days. It’s not always Roses and Rainbows. Life happens, and it’s not always pretty. Please know that for some of us putting on a smiling face is more than just changing our mindset. Some people have medical reasons for why they feel the way they do. Some people need therapeutic help to feel better. For some it is a chemical imbalance that can only be helped with prescription drugs or counseling. That’s something that none of us should try to help with unless we are licensed in that area. But, for those that are struggling to find a good attitude or a feeling of self-worth, or are dealing with an emotion that keeps you bound by negative thoughts, the Bible is a fabulous reference tool to encourage and strengthen our inner self.
There are many encouraging scriptures to read and focus on when those days of funk come over us. Those days when we want to pull the covers over our head and block out the world around us.
Google is a wonderful thing 😊. However, it’s one thing to Google something, it’s an even better thing to take the scriptures that you Google and underline them in your Bible. So, I decided to take one step out of the process, and help some of us who are so busy, that Googling isn’t an option right now and provide some wonderful, encouraging scriptures. I pray that you have time to mark them in your Bible, and if not, then maybe you will have time to print them out and put them someplace that you will see them regularly. I pray that they bless you.
- I Samuel 30:6 – “Now David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was [a]grieved, every man for his sons and his daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God”.
- Isaiah 61:3 – “To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them a garland for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of Jehovah, that He may be glorified.
- Lamentations 3:22-23 – The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 -So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen.
- John 15:13 – Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
- Ephesians 3:20 – Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.
- Psalm 27:12 – The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- 1 John 4:18 – There is no fear in love; but perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
- Romans 8:31 – What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
- Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Psalm 31:24 -Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD!
- Isaiah 41:10 -Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Isaiah 40:31 – But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
- Mark 10:27 -Jesus looked at them and said, “With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God”.
- 1 Peter 5:7 – Casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.
- Matthew 19:26 – But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible”.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 -Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the LORD, knowing that in the LORD your labor is not in vain.
- Proverbs 3:3-6 -Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 – Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.
- Matthew 17:20 -Our faith can move mountains.
- Psalm 107:1 -Give thanks to the LORD for He is good: His love endures forever.
- Jeremiah 29:11 -“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.
- Psalm 34:8 – Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him.
- Romans 8:28 -And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.